Sports & Entertainment Law
Sichenzia Ross Friedman Ference LLP‘s Sports and Entertainment Law Practice Group was created to leverage the extensive legal and business experience of the members of the Practice Group to service the unique needs of sports and entertainment celebrities and their agents. Our attorneys have represented a diverse group of producers, entertainers and property brands, as well as athletes and related organizations in the sports of baseball, basketball, football and hockey. We also offer legal support to agents engaged in contract negotiations on behalf of athletes and celebrities.
Our experience and services include representation of celebrities, agents and other parties in the following areas:
- Licensing, Sponsorship, Appearances, Marketing, Memorabilia and Merchandising
- Advisory and Tactical Support for Athletes, Celebrities and Agents in Contract Negotiations
- Legal Diligence and Advice in Evaluating and Documenting Investments and other Business Opportunities
- Commercial Litigation Matters (including Breach of Contract and Intellectual Property Litigation)
- Sports Facility Development and Financing (including Naming Rights)
- Music Licensing, contract Negotiation and Administration of Music and Related Rights
- Establishing and Protecting Intellectual Property Rights
- Development, Financing and Sales/Acquisitions of Sports Franchises and Events
We also have extensive experience representing alumni of sports franchises and athletes that share a common distinction by organizing them into revenue generating enterprises.
Located in lower Manhattan, Sichenzia Ross Friedman Ference LLP is uniquely positioned to represent celebrities in their investments in late stage private companies as well as in public companies. We also have access to numerous athletes that may be suitable to serve as members of the Board of Directors of companies or as a celebrity spokesperson or endorse private and public companies.